History: Canon and Nikon thought DSLRs were future-proof when Olympus launched the E-M1 in 2013. It took them years to follow...

Mar 17, 2024

Advanced Exposure Techniques and Workspace

Last updated:- 17th March 2024

Introduction

I lost my left arm in a motorcar accident and have been on pain medication ever since. It's difficult to say which is worse, losing my left arm or the opioid-based pain medication. My wife and I worked hard to reduce my pain medication, and we reached the point of cutting it completely. Those who followed my blog know how it benefitted me personally and my ability to write better articles.

I bought my first digital camera in 1998, which also started my craving for that perfect digital camera promoted by camera reviewers and social media experts. Breaking free from commercially biased theories, repetition, and the collective social media influence is similar to walking away from addictive medication. I can write a book about these processes and the similarities...


Olympus EM5 II with 25mm f1.4 Leica - ISO800, f3.2, 1/25 - Enhanced Raw File converted in WS. I used my ISO to control the highlights.

I use a simple strategy or rule when studying technical info. I reject any "interesting" information that does not improve my photography. My understanding and articles about digital cameras focus on information that improves the average photographer's image quality. My regular readers appreciate the benefits of marketing free camera knowledge. This is an ongoing learning experience...

The technical aspects of cameras interest me the most. My wife and I enjoy taking photos and using them in different projects. We love photography and regard ourselves as hobby photographers.


Fuji FinePix A201 (2MP) compact camera. ISO100, f4.5, 1/45 seconds. Slightly edited in Photoshop.

My focus in 2024 and onward...

The challenge of learning and growing the MyOlympuOMD blog impacted my recovery positively. I will continue to develop the blog and plan to focus on used Olympus cameras while we are waiting for a real OM-System camera. This includes exploring unique cameras like the Fuji XT-5, the Sony ZV-E1, the Panasonic GM-1, and the EP-7. I also plan to create more YouTube videos in 2024. 

My focus will be the following subjects for this blog and YouTube:

  • Videography with basic principles, casual videos, and documentaries
  • Digital camera knowledge and techniques improving our photography
  • OM Workspace, the Enhanced Raw Format, and general photo editing
  • I am planning to write informative articles on older Olympus cameras

My first two videos for 2024

I uploaded 2 YouTube videos over the past 8 days. They give an overview of my articles on exposure and Workspace and will benefit those who prefer watching a video. I will create shorter videos in the future that will focus on specifics. I am working on my sound quality and will have a solution for my next video. Please subscribe to my YouTube channel and post your thoughts in the comments.




No comments:

VideoPic Blog Comments

Please add any comments to this article here.

Most read Articles