New Video - 21/08/2026: I uploaded a new YouTube video about pre-processing your images in the camera and Workspace. Go to this link.

Aug 24, 2026

It's good to always have a camera with you...

Last updated: 25th August 2026


The Olympus E-M5 III with the 12mm f2.0 M.Zuiko lens. ISO5000, f2.8, and 1/250th. I converted the RAW+ file in Workspace.


I am working on a short introduction for my next YouTube video. While the planning and taking of the photos is fun, it feels like something about the above scene isn't right. You are welcome to comment. I tweaked my camera settings and applied the AI noise filter while converting the enhanced raw file in Workspace. Do you think it's better to photograph or film the "escaping" car with the OM-3? Which one is the better photography camera for this application, the OM-3 or the E-M1 III (OM-5)? Mail me if you would like to create a similar "high speed" scene. It would be great to show more examples...



OM System OM-3 with the 12-50mm f3.5-6.3 EZ M.Zuiko lens. ISO800, f6.3, 1/8th sec. 80MP High-ress, AI noise filter at "Low" in Workspace.


The more I learn about this application, the more I think this is not simply a quick intro for my next YT video. For example, I seldom select more than the camera's "Low" noise option or the Workspace AI noise filter. The above E-M5 III photo is one of a few times where I had to select the "Standard" noise option. The brighter areas were good while the shadow areas were simply too noisy.

What are the typical challenges one could expect for this scene?


OM System OM-3 with the 35-100mm f2.8 Lumix lens. ISO3200, f2.8, 1/500. I used the "Low" AI noise filter option in Workspace.


I think it's a mistake to encourage photographers to purchase expensive Lumix or Leica lenses for their Olympus or OM System camera. I own some Lumix/Leica lenses like the 25 mm f1.4 and the 12-35 mm and 35-100 mm f2.8 myself and have nothing against Panasonic. The risk is Lumix/Leica lenses are not as carefully optimized and designed for the Olympus ecosystem as M.Zuiko lenses are. For example, the OM-3 prevented me from selecting some of the pro capture options because the Lumix 35-100 mm lens wasn't 100% compatible with the OM-3 pro capture function.

I did a few changes to the scene with the above OM-3 photos. The challenge with the original E-M5 III scene was a weak fourth exposure variable (avg scene luminance). The new scene and camera/lens layout, angles, and lighting configuration are more effective. I am slowly moving closer to a workable setup that could perform well as the intro scene I need for my next YouTube video...

You are welcome to list 5 improvements I made to the original scene.

This video has more about the Olympus ecosystem.

No comments:

VideoPic Blog Comments

Please add any comments to this article here.